How much does a walk-in bathtub cost?
...and more answers, explained.
What exactly is a walk-in bathtub?
Walk-in tubs offer a superior bathing experience with safety and therapy systems designed just for you. First, ensure that your walk-in bathtub is constructed with the finest materials in the industry.
American Tub models come standard with the following:
- Sturdy, stainless steel frame.
- High sheen, marine grade gel coat finish.
- Extra thick, hand laid fiberglass shell.
- Long lasting vinyl door seal.
- Ergonomic, curved door handle.
- Constructed and 100% tested in Covina, CA.
- Easy access maintenance panels.
Are walk-in tubs safe?
Walk-in bathtubs are designed and constructed to provide a safer bathing experience than traditional bathtubs. When you know your safety concerns have been addressed you will be able to relax and enjoy your bath time again.
You will enjoy the following safety features with your walk-in tub:
- 6” threshold, lowest possible entryway while enabling a cost effective and efficient installation
- Anti-slip, textured floor
- ADA compliant, 17” high seat
- Two integrated grab bars for entry-exit, sitting and standing
- Secondary emergency toe drain option
- UL and IAMPO certification.
How can air and hydrotherapy help?
Therapy options and safety are what set walk-in tubs apart from traditional bathtubs.
They optimize the effects of hydrotherapy by providing a safe bathing environment and delivering therapeutic systems that improve your health and quality of life. Each of our models offers:
- Water massage with 10 adjustable jets for pain relief.
- Syllent Pump to maintain water temperature.
- Optional leg only massage for tired feet and legs.
- Air massage with 20 adjustable jets for improved circulation.
- Microbubble system for deep cleansing.
- Aroma and Chromotherapy for improved mood and overall health.
How do I choose the right size?
When looking for the right model, it’s important to find a design that’s best suited to your individual needs and bathroom’s aesthetics.
We have several different models to choose from along with add-ons that will personalize the tub to your needs.
- 17 different tub sizes with ultra-fast fill faucets in chrome, nickel or rubbed bronze.
- 2” Hurry Drain™ drains in less than 2 minutes
- Shower slide bar
- Customize with over 20 other accessories that add comfort and reduce maintenance.
What about the installation process?
Installations can be done with relative ease when you choose the right walk-in tub installer. Consider the size of your walk-in tub and how it relates to the size of your bathroom’s layout.
Also important is the water capacity of the model you choose and how compatible it is with the water capacity of your hot water heater. Additionally, ensuring that you have adequate plumbing in place is also important to discuss with your salesman before the date of installation.
- Most installations should take between 1-3 days.
- Establish whether retrofitting is required to accommodate your walk-in tub.
- Choosing a flangeless design to reduce cost and time of installation.
- Ensure your installer is licensed and vetted in his or her respective State.
Do walk-in tubs include a warranty?
It is imperative to find a company that offers a reasonable warranty to protect your interests. Make sure the original installer is the same one to service your tub each time. This provides continuity.
At American Tubs, we offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty that includes the following:
- Lifetime warranty on tub shell, frame and fixtures.
- 5-year warranty on all other added components and accessories.
- 2-year warranty on motors, tubing, plastic fittings and more.
How much do they cost?
Most companies will not provide a quote over the phone. They will want to schedule an evaluation of your home first. Walk-in tub prices can vary depending upon your State and the company you choose to work with.
This is an overview of walk-in tub prices:
- Walk-in tubs prices range between $3,000 and $26,000.
- $3,000 represents the very low-end walk-in tub without installation.